Hammer Time 2.0 Barbarian BUILD for Diablo IV S2 [S Tier Overpower DPS]
Basic Skill (Resource Generator/Builder) (Required Points: 0 )
- (active – ONLY put 1 point here) Bash – Bash the enemy with your weapon, dealing 30% (X – Y) damage. After bashing enemies 4 times, your next Bash will Stun for 1.25 seconds, this increases to 2 seconds if using a Two-Handed weapon. Requires bludgeoning weapon. Generate Fury: 13 Lucky Hit Chance: 50% (per hit) Damage: Physical ; Tags: Basic,
- (1st upgrade) Enhanced Bash – Damaging a Stunned enemy with Bash grants you 20% Maximum Life as Fortify. Double this amount when using a Two-Handed weapon.
- (2nd upgrade – my pick of the 2) Combat Bash – After Critically Striking 4 times with Bash using a Two-Handed weapon, your next Core or Weapon Mastery Skill will Overpower.
Core Skill(s) (Resource Spender) (Required Points: 2 )
- (active) Hammer of the Ancients – Slam your hammer down with the fury of the Ancients, dealing 50% (X – ?) damage to a concentrated area. Requires a two-handed bludgeoning weapon. Fury Cost: 35 Lucky Hit Chance: 40% Damage: Physical ; Tags: Core,
- (1st upgrade) Enhanced Hammer of the Ancients – Gain 3% (multiplicative) more Fury for 5 seconds for each enemy damaged by Hammer of the Ancients, stacking up to 10 times.
- (2nd upgrade – my pick of the 2) Furious Hammer of the Ancients – Hammer of the Ancients deals 1% (multiplicative) additional damage for each point of Fury you had when using it.
- (passive – potentially can put the last 1 skill point here) Pressure Point – Lucky Hit: Your Core Skills have up to a 10%/20%/30% to make enemies Vulnerable for 2 seconds.
- (passive) did not pick any other Core passives to save points
Defensive Skills (Required Points: 6 )
- (active – ONLY put 1 point here) Rallying Cry – Bellow a rallying cry, increasing your Movement Speed by +30% and Resource Generation by 50% (multiplicative) for 6 seconds, and Nearby allies for 3 seconds.
Cooldown: 25 seconds | Tags: Defensive, Shout
- (1st upgrade) Enhanced Rallying Cry – Rallying Cry grants you Unstoppable while active.
- (2nd upgrade – my pick of the 2) Tactical Rallying Cry – Rallying Cry generates 25 Fury and grants you an additional 50% (multiplicative) Resource Generation.
- (passive) Imposing Presence – Gain 5%/10%/15% (multiplicative) additional Maximum Life.
- (upgrade) Martial Vigor – Damage Reduction against Elites, is increased by 4%/8%/12% (multiplicative).
- (passive) did not pick any other Defensive passives to save points
Brawling Skills (Required Points: 11 )
- (active – ONLY put 1 point here) War Cry – Bellow a mighty war cry, increasing your damage dealt by 15% (multiplicative) for 6 seconds, and Nearby allies for 3 seconds. Cooldown: 25 seconds Tags: Brawling, Shout
Cooldown: 25 seconds | Tags: Defensive, Shout
- (1st upgrade) Enhanced War Cry War Cry grants you Berserking for 4 seconds.
- (2nd upgrade – my pick of the 2) Power War Cry If at least 6 enemies are Nearby when War Cry is cast, its damage bonus is increased by an additional 10% (multiplicative).
- (active – ONLY put 1 point here) Leap – Leap forward and then slam down, dealing 32.5% (X – ?) damage and Knocking Back surrounding enemies on impact. Cooldown: 17 seconds Lucky Hit Chance: 66% (per hit) Damage: Physical ; Tags: Brawling,
- (1st upgrade) Enhanced Leap – If Leap doesn’t damage any enemies, its Cooldown is reduced by 4 seconds.
- (2nd upgrade – my pick of the 2)Power Leap – If Leap damages at least one enemy, gain 40 Fury.
- (passive) Booming Voice – Shout Skill effect durations are increased by 10%/20%/30% (multiplicative).
- (upgrade) Raid Leader – did NOT take this one
- (upgrade) Guttural Yell – did NOT take this one
- (passive) Swiftness – Movement Speed is increased by +4%/+8%/+12%.
- (upgrade) Quick Impulses – did NOT take this one
- (passive) did not pick any other Brawling passives to save points
Weapon Mastery Skills (Required Points: 16 ) Not taking an active Weapon Mastery skill
- (1st upgrade)
- (2nd upgrade – my pick of the 2)
- (passive) Pit Fighter – You deal 3%/6%/9% (multiplicative) increased damage to Close enemies and gain 2%/4%/6% Distant Damage Reduction.
- (upgrade) No Mercy – did NOT take this one
- (upgrade) Slaying Strike – You deal 7.5%/15%/22.5% increased damage against Injured enemies.
- (upgrade) Expose Vulnerability – did NOT take this one
- (passive – ONLY put 1 point here) Thick Skin – Each time you take direct damage gain 0.4%/0.7%/1.1% Maximum Life as Fortify.
- (upgrade) Defensive Stance – did NOT take this one
- (upgrade) Counteroffensive – While you have Fortify for over 50% of your Maximum Life, you deal 4%/8%/12% (multiplicative) increased damage.
- (passive) did not pick any other Weapon Mastery passives to save points
Ultimate Skills (Required Points: 23 )
- (active) Wrath of the Berserker – Gain Berserking and Unstoppable for 5 seconds. For the next 10 seconds, dealing direct damage with Basic Skills grants Berserking for 5 seconds Cooldown: 60 seconds Tags: Ultimate,
- (1st upgrade) Supreme Wrath of the Berserker – While Wrath of the Berserker is active, gain +20% increased Movement Speed and increase Fury Generation by 30% (multiplicative)
- (2nd upgrade) Prime Wrath of the Berserker – While Wrath of the Berserker is active, every 50 Fury spend increases Berserk’s damage bonus by 25% (multiplicative), up to 100% (multiplicative).
- (passive) Wallop – Your Skills using Bludgeoning weapons deal 5%/10%/15% (multiplicative) increased damage if the enemy is Stunned or Vulnerable.
- (upgrade) Concussion – did NOT take this one
- (passive ) Heavy Handed – While using Two-Handed weapons you deal 5%/10%/15% (multiplicative) increased Critical Strike Damage.
- (upgrade) Brute Force – Your Overpower deals 15%/30%/45% (multiplicative) increased damage when using a Two-Handed weapon *NOTE: Unlocking this skill upgrade requires investing into either Wallop OR Heavy Handed (can still get both if you want)
- (passive) Tempered Fury – Increase your Maximum Fury by 3/6/9.
- (upgrade) Furious Impulse – did NOT take this one
- (upgrade) Invigorating Fury – did NOT take this one
- (passive) did not pick other Ultimate passives to save points
Specializations (Required Points: 33 )
- (passive) Unbridled Rage – Core Skills deal 135% (multiplicative) increased damage, but cost 100% (multiplicative) more Fury.
Seasonal Mechanic (Vampiric Powers):
Class Mechanics (Arsenal, Expertise, Technique):
The Barbarian class mechanics are called Arsenal, Weapon Expertise & Weapon Technique and this is how I it works:
The Barbarian class can equip 4 weapons at the same time: a Dual-wielding set of 2x One-Handed weps + two separate Two-Handed weapons (not dual-wielding those). They switch in combat between those based on what weapon is assigned to specific skills via the class unique Arsenal System. So each skill can have its own weapon assigned to it as long as it’s one of the 4 weapons equipped. The weps you don’t actually use work as ‘stat sticks’, even any aspects slotted on them. Here are the types:
- Dual Wielded 1-Handed Weapons on Barbarians can be either Slashing or Bludgeoning such as: Swords, Axes, or Maces. The game seems to clump all 1-Handed weapons together under the “Dual-Wielding” as far as Barbarians and their skill tags are concerned so regardless of Slashing or Bludgeoning type, a 1-Handed weapon will not rarely count as either for passives & triggers.
- The two slots of Two-Handed Weapons can be occupied by 1 Slashing type weps like 2h Swords, 2h Axes, & Polearms and by 1 Bludgeoning Weapon like 2h Hammer and 2h Maces
- Ideally 1x 2h Slashing, 1x 2h Bludgeoning and a Dual-Wield 1h combo for the 4 weps if you go for a swap-centric build
On top of this, each weapon type has it’s own passive bonus that levels can be leveled up to rank 10 + a weapon technique which gets slotted into a slot that lets you benefit from the passive bonuses of a certain weapon with all attacks, regardless of the weapon they used. Here is how I recommend that you arrange the weapons by skill and also which weapon technique to use:
- Dual Wielded OR 2-handed Slashing will be attached to Leap. I personally prefer Dual Wielded for it as I’m looking for speed when using Leap to escape enemy CCs or initiate a fight rather than dmg with that skill.
- 2-handed Bludgeoning must be on both Bash & Hammer of the Ancients as the build demands it for Bash‘s guaranteed Core Skill Overpower after critically striking 4 times with a 2H Bludgeoning
Top Pick Uniques for the Build
Sockets & Gems
Legendary Aspects / Powers
Suggested Gear Rolls to look out for (in order of priority):
|Critical Strike Chance/Critical Damage Bonus|
|Damage While Berserking|
|Damage with Core Skills|
|+ X Maximum Fury|
|+ X Ranks to Hammer of the Ancients / to all Core skills|
|+ Maximum Life|
|+ All Stats|
|+ Strength, + Willpower, + Dexterity|
|Damage to Close Enemies|
|Damage Reduction while from Close/Distant Enemies|
|Damage Reduction while Fortified|
|Damage Reduction while Injured|
|Vulnerable Damage / Damage Against Vulnerable Enemies|
|Resistance to All Elements|
|+ X Ranks to Defensive/Brawling Skills (not that important)|
|+ X% Damage|
|Damage vs Injured Enemies|
|Damage vs Healthy Enemies|
|Damage while Healthy|
|Critical Strike Chance Against Injured Enemies|
|Physical Damage Bonus|
|Lucky Hit Chance|
|Lucky Hit: Up to a +X% Chance to Execute Injured Non-Elites|
|Damage Against Crowd Controlled Enemies|
|Lucky Hit: Up to a 5% chance to Restore +X% Primary Resource|
|Lucky Hit: Up to a 5% chance to Heal +X Life|