Lycan Lacerator Druid BUILD for Diablo IV
Diablo IV launches on June 6th, 2023 for PC (Battle.Net), XBOX, & PlayStation with a 4 days Early Access (no wipe) for pre-orders (so kind of really launching June 2nd).
Diablo IV’s Open Beta Tests are almost here and I felt motivated to make some Pre-Launch theorycrafted semi-builds that should be good for ‘fresh-into-endgame’ characters when the game launches. I also plan to evolve them into FULL builds when the game is released & keep them updated when we get rebalance updates. This is one such build for the Druid Class called Lycan Lacerator.
The Beta tests will only let us reach lvl 25 and only let us play in the first Act/Zone (Fractured Peaks) so those builds will be more useful for the actual game launch and ideally for characters around lvl 50+ or 60+. I’ve used 50+ and 60+ skill points when making the builds instead of the full 100 so that they can be used to jumpstart a player’s post-story endgame grind.
I’ve also made spreadsheets for those builds (see the links below) that have shortlisted the active and passive skills + legendary aspect that work well with the build so one can spend the extra skill points on the way to lvl 100 into those other skills.
This build will be updated post-launch to a new & expanded version when I have actual in-game information as reference.
Below you’ll see ONLY the Active & Passive skills that were selected for this build. For additional skills that can be taken on the way to lvl 100 + alternative skill options, you can check my pre-launch builds spreadsheet on this link. This build (Lycan Lacerator) is one of the builds on that spreadsheet.
Some of the skill icon images you see could be outdated & different from what is seen in the Full release version. I plan to replace them once the Beta ends or after the full launch
Basic Skill (Resource Generator/Builder) (Required Points: 0 )
- (active) Claw – Shapeshift into a Werewolf and shred an enemy, dealing 21.00% (X-?) damage. Type: Shapeshifting Damage: Physical Generates: 9 Spirit
- (1st upgrade) Enhanced Claw – Claw’s Attack Speed is increased by +10%.
- (2nd upgrade – my pick of the 2) Wild Claw – Claw has an additional +10% Critical Strike Chance and deals +15% increased Critical Strike Damage.
Spirit / Core Skill(s) (Resource Spender) (Required Points: 2 )
- (active) Shred – Shapeshift into a Werewolf and leap onto an enemy slashing them 3 times for 42.00% (X-?) damage per slash. Type: Shapeshifting Damage: Physical Spirit Cost: 34
- (1st upgrade) Enhanced Shred – Each slash with Shred heals you for 2% of your maximum Life when it deals damage.
- (2nd upgrade – my pick of the 2) Raging Shred – Shred has an additional +10% Critical Strike Chance against Poisoned enemies.
- (passive) Heart of the Wild – Maximum Spirit is increased by 3.
- (upgrade) Wild Impulses – Your Core Skills cost 5% (multiplicative) more Spirit but deal 10% (multiplicative) increased damage
- (upgrade) Abundance – Basic Skills generate 5% more Spirit.
- (passive) Predatory Instinct – Critical Strike Chance against nearby enemies is increased by 3%.
- (upgrade) Iron Fur – did not pick to save points
- (upgrade) Digitigrate Gait / Lycanthropic Speed – did not pick to save points
Defensive Skills (Required Points: 6 )
- (active) Blood Howl – Shapeshift into a Werewolf and howl furiously, restoring X% Life. Cooldown: 15 seconds
- (1st upgrade) Enhanced Blood Howl – Kills reduce the cooldown of Blood Howl by 1 second.
- (2nd upgrade – my pick of the 2) Innate Blood Howl – Blood Howl also generates 20 Spirit.
- (passive) Ancestral Fortitude – Increase your non-physical resistances by 5%.
- (upgrade) Vigilance – did not pick to save points
Companion Skills (Required Points: 11 )
- (active) Vine Creeper – Passive: A vine creeper periodically emerges from the ground every 7 seconds and poisons a nearby enemy for 37.80% (X) damage over 6 seconds. Active: Vines strangle enemies in a target area, poisoning them for X damage over 6 seconds and stunning them for 2 seconds. Type: Companion Damage: Poison Cooldown: 20 seconds
- (1st upgrade) Enhanced Vine Creeper – Vine Creeper’s Immobilize duration is increased by 1 second.
- (2nd upgrade – my pick of the 2) Brutal Vine Creeper – Your chance to Critically Strike is increased by 20% against enemies strangled by Vine Creeper.
- (passive) did not pick any Companion passives to save points
Wrath Skills (Required Points: 16 )
- (active) Rabies – Shapeshift into a Werewolf and perform an infectious bite on the target dealing 24.40% (X-?) damage, and an additional 55.65% (X) damage over 6 seconds. Infected enemies spread Rabies to other nearby targets. Poison Damage Cooldown: 12 seconds
- (1st upgrade) Enhanced Rabies – Once Rabies infects 4 targets, it deals 30% (multiplicative) increased Poison damage against all targets.
- (2nd upgrade – my pick of the 2) Enhanced Rabies – Once Rabies infects 4 targets, it deals 30% (multiplicative) increased Poison damage against all targets.
- (passive) Toxic Claws – Critical Strikes with Werewolf skills deal 8% of their base damage as Poison damage over 4 seconds.
- (upgrade) Neurotoxin – DID NOT INVEST in this to save points
Ultimate Skills (Required Points: 23 )
- (active) Lacerate – Shapeshift into a Werewolf, become Immune and quickly dash 10 times between nearby enemies dealing up to 420.20% (X-?) damage. Cooldown: 50 seconds
- (1st upgrade) Prime Lacerate – Each time Lacerate deals a Critical Strike, heal for 3% of your maximum Life.
- (2nd upgrade – my pick of the 2) Supreme Lacerate – Lacerate’s final strike deals 200% (multiplicative) increased damage.
- (passive) Quickshift – After Shapeshifting into a different form, your next skill deals 5% (multiplicative) increased damage. (i only put 1 point into it to unlock the upgrades)
- (upgrade) Heightened Senses – Upon shapeshifting into a Werewolf or Werebear, gain 4% damage reduction against Elites for 3 seconds.
- (upgrade) Natural Fortitude – Shapeshifting Fortifies you for 0.56.
Specializations (Required Points: 33 )
- (passive) Lupine Ferocity – Every 6th Werewolf skill hit Critically Strikes and deals 60% (multiplicative) increased damage.
Class Mechanic (Spirit Boons):
I don’t have much info regarding the Spirit Boons but I think you can pick at least 2 from the same category + maybe 1 more from another. I’ll leave this empty for now.
Legendary Aspects / Powers
I will only list the Legendary Aspects that have been selected for the build and the slots in which I advise putting those. For in-depth information you can check my pre-launch builds spreadsheet on this link. This build (Lycan Lacerator) is one of the builds on that spreadsheet.
- Helm: Aspect of Disobedience
- Amulet: Aspect of Shared Misery
- Chest: Stalking Beast Aspect
- Pants: Vigorous Aspect
- Gloves: Nighthowler’s Aspect
- Boots: Wind Striker Aspect
- Ring 1: Aspect of The Unsatiated
- Ring 2: Aspect of The Umbral
- 1H Weapon: Edgemaster’s Aspect
- Off-hand: Aspect of Retribution
- 2-H Weapon (if you decide to use one): Edgemaster’s Aspect
Useful Links (Spreadsheets & more):
For all of my Diablo IV Pre-Launch Theorycrafts/Builds: This Spreadsheet
For my Diablo IV Pre-Launch Class Skill Trees (can be used as mini-calculator): This Spreadsheet
♦ ◊ ♦ ◊ ♦
This concludes the Lycan Lacerator Druid Build for Diablo IV. If you’re interested in the game below are links to the various platforms where one can buy it (you can just click the links to open a new tab):