Rocky Druid BUILD for Diablo IV
Diablo IV’s Open Beta Tests are almost here and I felt motivated to make some Pre-Launch theorycrafted semi-builds that should be good for ‘fresh-into-endgame’ characters when the game launches. I also plan to evolve them into FULL builds when the game is released & keep them updated when we get rebalance updates. This is one such build for the Druid Class called Rocky.
The Beta tests will only let us reach lvl 25 and only let us play in the first Act/Zone (Fractured Peaks) so those builds will be more useful for the actual game launch and ideally for characters around lvl 50+ or 60+. I’ve used 50+ and 60+ skill points when making the builds instead of the full 100 so that they can be used to jumpstart a player’s post-story endgame grind.
I’ve also made spreadsheets for those builds (see the links below) that have shortlisted the active and passive skills + legendary aspect that work well with the build so one can spend the extra skill points on the way to lvl 100 into those other skills.
This build will be updated post-launch to a new & expanded version when I have actual in-game information as reference.
Below you’ll see ONLY the Active & Passive skills that were selected for this build. For additional skills that can be taken on the way to lvl 100 + alternative skill options, you can check my pre-launch builds spreadsheet on this link. This build (Rocky) is one of the builds on that spreadsheet.
Some of the skill icon images you see could be outdated & different from what is seen in the Full release version. I plan to replace them once the Beta ends or after the full launch
Basic Skill (Resource Generator/Builder) (Required Points: 0 )
- (active) Earthspike – Sunder the earth, impaling the first enemy hit for 16.80% (X-?) damage. Each time you hit an enemy with Earthspike, your chance to deal Crushing Blow to that target is increased by 10%. Requires a Bludgeoning weapon. Type: Earth Magic Damage: Physical Generates: 8 Spirit
- (1st upgrade) Enhanced Earthspike – Earthspike has a 10% chance to Stun for 2.5 seconds.
- (2nd upgrade – my pick of the 2) Fierce Earthspike – Fortify for X whenever Earthspike damages enemies who are Stunned, Immobilized, or Knocked Back.
Spirit / Core Skill(s) (Resource Spender) (Required Points: 2 )
- (active) Landslide – Crush enemies between 3 pillars of earth, dealing up to 78.75% (X-?) damage. Has an additional 10% chance to deal a Crushing Blow. Talents: Natural Balance, Eye of the Storm, Elemental Exposure, Natural Resonance, Primal Resonance, Earthbind, Fury of Nature, Earthen Might. Type: Earth Magic Damage: Physical Spirit Cost: 29
- (1st upgrade) Enhanced Landslide – Enemies hit by all 3 Landslide pillars have a 25% chance to be Immobilized for 3 seconds by the final hit.
- (2nd upgrade – my pick of the 2) Primal Landslide – Landslide has a 10% increased Critical Strike Chance and deals 30% (multiplicative) increased Critical Strike Damage against enemies who are Stunned, Immobilized or Knocked Back.
- (passive) Heart of the Wild – Maximum Spirit is increased by 3.
- (upgrade did NOT take to save points) Wild Impulses – Your Core Skills cost 5% (multiplicative) more Spirit but deal 10% (multiplicative) increased damage
- (upgrade) Abundance – Basic Skills generate 5% more Spirit.
- (passive) did not pick other Spirit/Core passives to save points
Defensive Skills (Required Points: 6 )
- (active) Earthen Bulwark – Rocks surround you for 3 seconds, making you Unstoppable and absorbing up to X damage. Type: Earth Magic Damage: Physical Cooldown: 16 seconds
- (1st upgrade) Enhanced Earthen Bulwark – Earthen Bulwark makes you Unstoppable while active.
- (2nd upgrade – my pick of the 2) Preserving Earthen Bulwark – Casting Earthen Bulwark grants X Fortify.
- (passive) Ancestral Fortitude – Increase your non-physical resistances by 5%.
- (upgrade) Vigilance – You Take X% reduced damage for X seconds after using a Defensive Skill.
Companion Skills (Required Points: 11 )
- (active) Wolves – Passive: Summon 2 wolf companions that bite enemies for 18.19% (X-?) damage. Active: Direct the wolves to focus an enemy, leaping to them and striking for 36.75% (X-?) damage. Talents: Call of the Wild Type: Companion Damage: Physical Cooldown: 14.0 seconds
- (1st upgrade) Enhanced Wolves – Wolves deal 20% (multiplicative) increased damage to Immobilized, Stunned, Slowed, or poisoned enemies.
- (2nd upgrade – my pick of the 2) Ferocious Wolves You deal 10% (multiplicative) increased damage to your Wolves’ focus target.
- (passive) did not pick any Companion passives to save points
Wrath Skills (Required Points: 16 )
- (active) Boulder – Unearth a large rolling boulder that knocks back and crushes enemies, dealing 34.65% (X-?) damage with each hit. Type: Earth Magic Damage: Physical Cooldown: 10 seconds
- (1st upgrade) Enhanced Boulder – Enemies are slowed by 30% for 2 seconds after being hit with Boulder.
- (2nd upgrade – my pick of the 2) Natural Boulder – Your Basic Skills grant 75% bonus Spirit while damaging enemies who are Knocked Back by Boulder.
- (passive) Crushing Earth – Earth Skills deal 5% (multiplicative) increased damage to Slowed, Stunned, Immobilized or Knocked Back enemies.
- (upgrade) Stone Guard – While Fortified over 50% of your maximum Life, your Earth Skills deal 4% (multiplicative) increased damage.
- (upgrade – did NOT pick to save points) Safeguard Critical Strikes with Earth Skills Fortify you for X.
Ultimate Skills (Required Points: 23 )
- (active) Petrify – Petrify all nearby enemies, Stunning them for 3 seconds. You deal 25% (multiplicative) increased Critical Strike Damage to Petrified enemies. Damage: Physical Cooldown: 60 seconds
- (1st upgrade) Prime Petrify – Petrify’s duration is increased by 1 seconds.
- (2nd upgrade) Supreme Petrify – Killing a Petrified enemy grants 25 Spirit.
- (passive) Defiance – Nature Magic skills deal 4% (multiplicative) increased damage to Elites.
- (upgrade) did NOT take either of the two upgrades to save points
- (passive) Defensive Posture – Increase the Damage Reduction gained while you are Fortified by an additional +3%.
- (upgrade) Thick Hide – Whenever you are Stunned, Immobilized, or Knocked Down, Fortify for X.
- (upgrade – did NOT pick to save points) Nature’s Resolve – 5% chance when struck to Fortify you for X
Specializations (Required Points: 33 )
- (passive) Earthen Might – Lucky Hit: Damaging enemies with Earth Skills has up to a 5% chance to grant Earthen Might. This chance is increased by 10% for Critical Strikes, and is further increased by 10% if the target is Stunned, Immobilized, or Knocked Back. Earthen Might restores all of your Spirit & grants you 100% Critical Strike Chance for 5 seconds.
Class Mechanic (Spirit Boons):
I don’t have much info regarding the Spirit Boons but I think you can pick at least 2 from the same category + maybe 1 more from another. I’ll leave this empty for now.
Legendary Aspects / Powers
I will only list the Legendary Aspects that have been selected for the build and the slots in which I advise putting those. For in-depth information you can check my pre-launch builds spreadsheet on this link. This build (Rocky) is one of the builds on that spreadsheet.
- Helm: Aspect of Shared Misery
- Amulet: Ballistic Aspect
- Chest: Aspect of Quicksand
- Pants: Mending Stone
- Gloves: Nighthowler’s Aspect
- Boots: Ghostwalker Aspect
- Ring 1: Aspect of The Umbral
- Ring 2: Aspect of Pummeling
- 1H Weapon (if possible to even use a Bludgeoning 1H weapon): Crashstone Aspect
- Off-hand (if possible to even use a Bludgeoning 1H weapon): Aspect of Retribution
- 2-H Weapon (must be Bludgeoning): Crashstone Aspect
Useful Links (Spreadsheets & more):
For all of my Diablo IV Pre-Launch Theorycrafts/Builds: This Spreadsheet
For my Diablo IV Pre-Launch Class Skill Trees (can be used as mini-calculator): This Spreadsheet
♦ ◊ ♦ ◊ ♦
This concludes the Rocky Druid Build for Diablo IV. If you’re interested in the game, below are links to the various platforms where one can buy it (you can just click the links to open a new tab):