Arrowstorm 2.0 Rogue BUILD for Diablo IV [RDY-4-Launch]
Diablo IV‘s Launch is getting closer and it’s time to make some Ready-For-Launch full Builds/Theorycrafts that should be good for both ‘fresh-into-endgame’ characters as well as late endgame. I also plan to evolve them further when the game is released & keep them updated when we get rebalance updates. This is one such build for the Rogue Class called Arrowstorm 2.0.
I’ve also made spreadsheets for those builds (see the links below) that have shortlisted the active and passive skills + legendary aspect + unique item + gems & sockets + suggested stat rolls + paragon boards that work well with the build which you can use to tinker. Alternatively, I’ve added build calculator links (mostly needed for the paragons)
This build will be updated post-launch to a new & expanded version when I have more in-game information as reference.
Below you’ll see ONLY the Active & Passive skills that were selected for this build. For additional skills that can be taken + alternative skill options, you can check my RDY-4-Launch Builds spreadsheet on this link. This build (Arrowstorm 2.0) is one of the builds on that spreadsheet.
Basic Skill (Resource Generator/Builder) (Required Points: 0 )
- (active – ONLY put 1 point here) Heart Seeker – Fire an arrow that seeks an enemy, dealing 22% (X – ?) damage and increasing your Critical Strike Chance against them by +3% for 4 seconds, up to +15%. Requires a Ranged Weapon Lucky Hit Chance: 50% Damage: Physical ; Tags: Basic, Ranged, Marksman
- (1st upgrade) Enhanced Heart Seeker – When Heartseeker Critically Strikes, gain +8% Attack Speed for 4 seconds. Double this amount if the enemy is Vulnerable.
- (2nd upgrade – my pick of the 2) Fundamental Heart Seeker – Heartseeker also increases the Critical Strike Damage the enemy takes by +5% for 4 seconds, up to +25%.
Core Skill(s) (Resource Spender) (Required Points: 2 )
- (active) Penetrating Shot – Fire an arrow that pierces through all enemies in a line, dealing 70% (X – ?) damage. Combo Points increase damage and improve Lucky Hit Chance (LHC): 1: 91% damage & 10% LHC* ; 2: 112% damage & 20% LHC* ; 3: 133% damage & 30% LHC* Requires a Ranged Weapon Energy Cost: 35 Lucky Hit Chance: 50% Damage: Physical ; Tags: Core, Ranged, Imbueable, Marksman
- (1st upgrade) Enhanced Penetrating Shot – Penetrating Shot deals 20% (multiplicative) increased damage per enemy it pierces.
- (2nd upgrade – my pick of the 2) Improved Penetrating Shot – If Penetrating Shot damages at least 3 enemies, your next Penetrating Shot has a +20% increased Critical Strike Chance.
- (passive) Sturdy – You gain 4%/8%/12% Close Damage Reduction.
- (upgrade – did NOT put points here) Siphoning Strikes
- (passive) did not pick any other Core passives to save points
Agility Skills (Required Points: 6 )
- (active – ONLY put 1 point here) Caltrops – Leap backwards and throw Caltrops on the ground, dealing 30% (X – ?) damage and Slowing enemies by 50%. Lasts 6 seconds. Energy Cost: 21 Lucky Hit Chance: 25% Damage: Physical ; Tags: Agility, Trap
- (1st upgrade) Enhanced Caltrops – Enemies take 3% (multiplicative) increased damage from you each second they’re in Caltrops.
- (2nd upgrade – my pick of the 2) Disciplined Caltrops – You have +5% Critical Strike Chance against enemies inside your Caltrops. Double this amount against Vulnerable enemies.
- (passive) Weapon Mastery – Gain a bonus when attacking based on weapon type:
Daggers: 5%/10%/15% (multiplicative) increased damage to Healthy enemies.
Swords: 3%/6%/9% (multiplicative) increased damage.
Bows: 4%/8%/12% (multiplicative) increased damage to Vulnerable enemies.
Crossbows: 5%/10%/15% (multiplicative) increased Critical Strike Damage.
- (passive) did not pick other Agility passives to save points
Subterfuge Skills (Required Points: 11 ) Not taking an Active Subterfuge skill
- (active) Concealment / Stealth – Cloak yourself with shadows to hide from enemies for 4 seconds. Attacks during Stealth break Stealth and deal 50% more damage. You are Unstoppable and can move through enemies freely while in Stealth. Cooldown: 20 seconds. Tags: Subterfuge
- (1st upgrade) Enhanced Stealth – You gain 40 Energy when you enter Stealth.
- (2nd upgrade – my pick of the 2) Subverting Stealth – The skill that breaks Stealth makes enemies Vulnerable for 3 seconds.
- (passive) Exploit – You deal 6%/12%/18% (multiplicative) increased damage to Healthy and Injured enemies.
- (upgrade) Malice – You deal 3%/6%/9% (multiplicative) increased damage to Vulnerable enemies.
- (passive) did not pick other Subterfuge passives to save points
Imbuements Skills (Required Points: 16 )
- (active – ONLY put 1 point here) Cold Imbuement – Imbue your weapons with frigid energies. Your next 2 Imbueable Skills deal Cold damage and Chill enemies for 25% per hit. Cooldown: 9 seconds. Lucky Hit Chance: 33% Tags: Imbuements
- (1st upgrade) Enhanced Cold Imbuement – Cold Imbued Skills have up to a 30% chance to make enemies Vulnerable for 3 seconds.
- (2nd upgrade – my pick of the 2) Blended Cold Imbuement – Lucky Hit: Critical Strikes with Cold Imbued Skills have up to a 20% chance to instantly Freeze enemies for 3 seconds.
- (passive) Precision Imbuement – Imbued Skills gain +5%/+10%/+15% increased Critical Strike Chance.
- (passive) Frigid Finesse – You deal 5%/10%/15% (multiplicative) increased damage to Chilled enemies. This bonus increases to 10%/20%/30% (multiplicative) against Frozen enemies.
- (upgrade – did NOT put points here) Chilling Weight
- (passive) did not pick other Imbuements passives to save points
Ultimate Skills (Required Points: 23 )
- (active) Rain of Arrows – Arrows rain down over a large area 2 times, each wave dealing 100% (X – ?) damage. Cooldown: 60 seconds. Lucky Hit Chance: 2% Damage: Physical ; Tags: Ultimate, Ranged, Imbueable, Marksman
- (1st upgrade) Prime Rain of Arrows – Imbuement Skill effects applied by Rain of Arrows have 20% (multiplicative) increased potency.
- (2nd upgrade – my pick of the 2) Supreme Rain of Arrows – Rain of Arrows’ second wave Knocks Down enemies for 3 seconds.
- (passive) Innervation – Lucky Hit: Up to a 10%/20%/30% chance to gain 8 Energy.
- (upgrade) Second Wind – Every 100 Energy you spend grants you +5%/+10%/+15% increased Lucky Hit Chance for 5 seconds.seconds.
- (upgrade) Alchemist’s Fortune – Non-Physical damage you deal has a +5%/+10%/+15% increased Lucky Hit Chance.
- (passive – ONLY put 2 points here) Adrenaline Rush – While moving, you gain 5%/10%/15% (multiplicative) increased Energy Regeneration.
- (upgrade) Haste – While at or above 50% maximum Energy, gain +5%/+10%/+15% increased Movement Speed. While below 50% maximum Energy, gain +5%/+10%/+15% increased Attack Speed.
- (upgrade – did NOT put points here) Impetus
- (passive) Aftermath – After using an Ultimate Skill, restore 25/50/75 Energy.
- (passive) did not pick other Ultimate passives to save points
Specializations (Required Points: 33 )
- (passive) Precision – Critical Strikes with Marksman Skills grant you Precision.
You gain 4% (multiplicative) increased Critical Strike Damage per stack of Precision, up to a maximum of 20% (multiplicative).
When you reach maximum Precision, your next Marksman Skill is a guaranteed Critical Strike that deals 40% (multiplicative) increased Critical Strike Damage, then consumes all stacks of Precision.
I don’t have much information about the 3rd Specialization of the Rogue. The 3 Specializations are the Rogues’ Class Mechanics:
- Combo Points – Your Basic Skills now generate Combo Points. Certain Skills consume Combo Points for additional effects.
- Inner Sight – Attack marked enemies to fill up your Inner Sight gauge. When it’s full, gain unlimited Energy for 4 seconds.
- Preparation – This specialization was not available during the closed beta builds of the game.
I prefer and advise using Combo Points but I liked Inner Sight during the beta too so not a bad one either for some 0 cost Skill Spams every now and then. We’ll have to wait and see about the last one.
In Diablo IV apparently (I have multiple sources that confirmed this) we can equip more than one unique item at the same time (not so ‘unique’ if we can get decked out in full uniques I guess). It seems that the one unique per build idea that Unique inherited from the Mythical gear they supposedly replaced was scrapped even before the closed beta tests. My top pick will be the following one but check the notes under the Aspects list for some additional picks:
Word of Hakan (Amulet)
Your Rain of Arrows is always Imbued with all Imbuements at once.
+[7 – 14]% Non-Physical Damage
+[14 – 21]% Ultimate Skill Damage
+[14 – 21]% Critical Strike Damage with Imbued Skills
SkillRankBonus_Rogue_Category_Imbuements (Struck’s note: I’m 100% sure this is +X Ranks to Imbuement Skills)
“Let the great gates of Caldeum be sealed. Let its proud walls stand fiercely defended. The rest of Kehjistan may suffer this plague, but my city, and my people, will not.” – Proclamation of Hakan II
Legendary Aspects / Powers
I will only list the Legendary Aspects that have been selected for the build and the slots in which I advise putting those. For in-depth information you can check my RDY-4-Launch Builds spreadsheet on this link. This build (Arrowstorm 2.0) is one of the builds on that spreadsheet.
- Helm: Mangler’s Aspect / Harlequin Crest (see notes below)
- Amulet: Vengeful Aspect / Word of Hakan (see notes below)
- Chest: Aspect of Lethal Dusk OR Aspect of Might (if you don’t have Word of Hakan)
- Pants: Aspect of Siphoned Protection
- Gloves: Blast-Trapper’s Aspect
- Boots: Exploiter’s Aspect
- Ring 1: Aspect of Arrow Storms
- Ring 2: Aspect of The Umbral / Mother’s Embrace (see notes below)
- 1H Weapon: Aspect of The Expectant
- Off-hand: Aspect of Corruption Until The Unique goes in the Amulet slot (see notes below)
- 2-H Ranged Weapon: Aspect of Imitated Imbuement / Skyhunter (see notes below)
NOTE 1: Aspect of Corruption goes in the Off-hand slot ONLY until you get the Word of Hakan Unique Amulet. Vengeful Aspect replaces Aspect of Corruption on the Off-hand slot to make room for the Unique Amulet. There are three other alternative picks for Uniques you could use if you get those first: Skyhunter (Bow), Harlequin Crest (Helm), & Mother's Embrace (Ring). See the 2nd note below: NOTE 2: How to re-arrange if using any of the alternative Uniques: - For Skyhunter (Bow): Aspect of Arrow Storms gets removed from the Ring 1 slot & Trickshot Aspect replaces it. This makes room for the Unique Bow. - For Harlequin Crest (Helm): Mangler’s Aspect gets removed from the Helm slot to make room for the Unique Helm - For Mother's Embrace (Ring): Aspect of The Umbral gets removed from the Ring 2 slot to make room for the Unique Ring
Sockets & Gems
There are various possible good/viable choices for the gem slots. I’ve shortlisted what works by slot. I’d recommend picking one of those:
Weps: Emerald, Saphire, Skull, or Diamond.
Armor: Ruby, Skull or Diamond.
Jewelry: Diamond unless you need specific resistance more than all.
XYZ Diamond (Requires Level XY)
• Weapon: +N% Ultimate Skill Damage
• Armor: +N% Barrier Generation
• Jewelry: N% Resistance to All Elements
+5%/+5%/5% for chipped (the 2nd grade at lvl 20)
XYZ Skull (Requires Level XY)
• Weapon: +N Life On Kill
• Armor: +N% Healing Received • Jewelry: +N Armor
+13/+5%/+170 for chipped (the 2nd grade at lvl 20)
XYZ Saphire (Requires Level XY)
• Weapon: +N% Critical Strike Damage to Crowd-Controlled Enemies
• Armor: N% Damage Reduction While Fortified
• Jewelry: N% Cold Resistance
+7.5%/5%/14.3% for chipped (the 2nd grade at lvl 20)
XYZ Ruby (Requires Level XY)
• Weapon: +N% Overpower Damage
• Armor: +N% Maximum Life
• Jewelry: N% Fire Resistance
+15%/+5.5%/14.3% for chipped (the 2nd grade at lvl 20)
XYZ Emerald (Requires Level XY)
• Weapon: +N% Critical Strike Damage to Vulnerable Enemies
• Armor: +N Thorns
• Jewelry: N% Poison Resistance
+7.5%/+39/14.3% for chipped (the 2nd grade at lvl 20)
Use the links below to check the paragon boards selected and the nodes I’ve taken. One link is for what the boards will look like at lvl 92 without any paragon points from renown (so more paragon points will be obtained on the way to 100 as well as from renown. The other link will be what the boards will look like when fully maxed out on paragon points.
Suggested Gear Rolls to look out for (NOT in order of priority):
I’ve shortlisted 44 different affixes that work well with the build of almost 300 total. I’ll highlight in Orange the ones I think should get higher priority
|Bonus to All Damage|
|Critical Strike Chance/Critical Damage Bonus|
|Critical Chance / Critical Damage with Physical/Cold Skills|
|Critical Chance/Critical Damage with Core/Marksman/Imbuements/Ultimate Skills|
|Damage with Core/Marksman/Imbuements/Ultimate Skills|
|Lucky Hit Chance|
|+ X Ranks to Core/Marksman/Imbuements/Ultimate Skills|
|+ X Ranks to Penetrating Shot/Cold Imbuement/Stealth|
|Lucky Hit Chance with Physical/Cold Damage|
|Physical/Cold Damage Bonus|
|+ % Critical Chance / Critical Damage with Physical/Cold Damage|
|Resistance to All Elements|
|Damage to Enemies Affected by Trap Skills|
|+ % Physical/Cold Damage to Elites|
|+ % Critical Strike Chance with Physical/Cold Damage Against Elites|
|+ % Damage for X Seconds After Killing an Elite|
|Damage Reduction for X Seconds After Killing an Elite|
|Damage Reduction from Elites|
|Damage to Distant Enemies|
|Critical Chance/ Critical Damage Against Distant Enemies|
|+ % Chill Application|
|Critical Chance / Critical Strike Damage Against Crowd Controlled Enemies|
|Damage to Crowd Controlled Enemies|
|Critical Chance / Critical Damage Against Vulnerable Enemies|
|Damage while Healthy|
|Damage to Vulnerable Enemies with Imbued Skills|
|Critical Strike Damage with Imbued Skills|
|Cold Imbued Skill Damage|
|Imbued Skill Damage|
|Damage for X Seconds After Dodging an Attack|
|Attack Speed for X Seconds After Dodging an Attack|
|Dodge Chance (both +% and x% exist)|
|Dodge Chance Against Close Enemies|
|+ All Stats|
|Damage vs Injured Enemies|
|Damage vs Healthy Enemies|
|Weapon Damage (not sure if there are any bonuses to that as rolls)|
|Energy Generation / Regeneration/ On Kill|
|Resource Cost Reduction|
Useful Links (Spreadsheets & more):
For all of my Diablo IV RDY-4-Launch Theorycrafts/Builds: This Spreadsheet
For my Diablo IV Pre-Launch Class Skill Trees (can be used as mini-calculator): This Spreadsheet
For all of my Diablo IV Pre-Launch Theorycrafts/Builds: This Spreadsheet
♦ ◊ ♦ ◊ ♦
This concludes the Arrowstorm 2.0 Rogue Build for Diablo IV. If you’re interested in the game below are links to the various platforms where one can buy it (you can just click the links to open a new tab):