Starfall Sorcerer BUILD for Diablo IV
Diablo IV’s Open Beta Tests are almost here and I felt motivated to make some Pre-Launch theorycrafted semi-builds that should be good for ‘fresh-into-endgame’ characters when the game launches. I also plan to evolve them into FULL builds when the game is released & keep them updated when we get rebalance updates. This is one such build for the Sorcerer Class called Starfall.
The Beta tests will only let us reach lvl 25 and only let us play in the first Act/Zone (Fractured Peaks) so those builds will be more useful for the actual game launch and ideally for characters around lvl 50+ or 60+. I’ve used 50+ and 60+ skill points when making the builds instead of the full 100 so that they can be used to jumpstart a player’s post-story endgame grind.
I’ve also made spreadsheets for those builds (see the links below) that have shortlisted the active and passive skills + legendary aspect that work well with the build so one can spend the extra skill points on the way to lvl 100 into those other skills.
This build will be updated post-launch to a new & expanded version when I have actual in-game information as reference.
Below you’ll see ONLY the Active & Passive skills that were selected for this build. For additional skills that can be taken on the way to lvl 100 + alternative skill options, you can check my pre-launch builds spreadsheet on this link. This build (Starfall) is one of the builds on that spreadsheet.
Some of the skill icon images you see could be outdated & different from what is seen in the Full release version. I plan to replace them once the Beta ends or after the full launch.
Minor Destruction / Basic Skill (Resource Generator/Builder) (Required Points: 0 )
- (active) Fire Bolt – Hurl a flaming bolt, dealing 10.00% (X – ?) damage and Burning for 135.00% (X-?) over 8 seconds. Damage: Fire Tags: Basic, Pyromancy
- (1st upgrade) Enhanced Fire Bolt – Fire Bolt pierces Burning enemies
- (2nd upgrade – my pick of the 2) Glinting Fire Bolt – Critical Strikes with Fire Bolt increase the burning damage the target takes by 20% (multiplicative) for 4 seconds
Major Destruction / Core Skill(s) (Resource Spender) (Required Points: 2 )
- (active) Fireball – Hurl an exploding ball of fire, dealing 66.00% (X- ?) damage to nearby enemies. Mana Cost: 50 Damage: Fire Tags: Core, Pyromancy
- (1st upgrade) Enhanced Fireball – Fireball costs 10 less Mana.
- (2nd upgrade – my pick of the 2) Greater Fireball – When you cast Fireball while Healthy, it has a 50% increased radius and deals 20% increased Critical Strike Damage.
- (passive) Potent Warding – Your non-Physical Damage and Resistances are increased by 2%.
- (passive) did not pick other Core passives to save points
Defensive Skills (Required Points: 6 ) pick one of the two
- (active) Flame Shield – Engulf yourself in flames for 2 seconds, Burning nearby enemies for 6.50% (X) per second. While Flame Shield is active, you are Immune. Cooldown: 19.6 Damage: Fire Tags: Defensive, Pyromancy
- (1st upgrade) Enhanced Flame Shield – Flame Shield grants 25% Movement Speed while active.
- (2nd upgrade – my pick of the 2) Mystical Flame Shield – Enemies continue Burning for 3 additional seconds after being hit by Flame Shield.
- (passive) did not pick any Defensive passives to save points
- (active) Teleport – Transform into lightning becoming Unstoppable and surging to the target location dealing 25.00% (X -?) damage around you upon arrival. Cooldown: 10.8 Damage: Lightning Tags: Defensive, Shock
- (1st upgrade) Enhanced Teleport – After Teleporting, take 30% less damage for 5 seconds.
- (2nd upgrade – my pick of the 2) Shimmering Teleport – Teleport’s cooldown is decreased by 0.5 seconds per enemy hit, up to 3 seconds.
- (passive) did not pick any Defensive passives to save points
Conjuration Skills (Required Points: 11 )
- (active) Hydra – Summon a 3 headed hydra for 8.0 seconds. Each head spits fire at a nearby enemy, dealing 30.00% (X – ?) damage. Mana Cost: 20 Damage: Fire Tags: Conjuration, Pyromancy
- (1st upgrade) Enhanced Hydra – Hydras last for an additional 4 seconds.
- (2nd upgrade – my pick of the 2) Summoned Hydra – Hydra also Burns enemies for an additional 12% of its base damage dealt over 6 seconds.
- (passive) Align the Elements – You gain 5% Damage reduction against Elites for each second you don’t take damage from any of these sources, up to 50%.
- (1st upgrade) Mana Shield – Every time you spend 100 Mana, you gain 5% Damage Reduction for 5 seconds.
- (2nd upgrade) Protection – Using a skill with cooldown grants 10% of your maximum Life as a Barrier for 5 seconds.
- (passive) did not pick any more Conjuration passives to save points
Mastery Skills (Required Points: 16 )
- (active) Meteor – Summon a meteor that strikes the target location, dealing 50.00% (X – ?) damage and Burning the ground for 35.00% (X) damage over 3 seconds. Mana Cost: 40 Damage: Fire Tags: Mastery, Pyromancy
- (1st upgrade) Enhanced Meteor – If Meteor hits 3 or more enemies, there is a 30% chance an additional Meteor falls on the same location.
- (2nd upgrade – my pick of the 2) Mage’s Meteor – Meteor falls 30% faster and costs 6 less Mana.
- (passive) Inner Flames – Your Pyromancy Skills deal 8% (multiplicative) increased damage after you haven’t taken damage for 3 seconds.
- (upgrade 1 – did not take this one) Soulfire – Fireball and Meteor have an 1.5% increased chance to Critically Strike per enemy hit.
- (upgrade 2) Devouring Flames – Your Pyromancy Skills deal 1% (multiplicative) increased direct damage for each source of Burning on an enemy, up to 4% (multiplicative).
Ultimate Skills (Required Points: 23 )
- (active) Inferno – Ignite a roaring inferno that pulses in and out of the target area, Burning enemies for 295.00% (X) damage over 8 seconds, and then explodes, dealing 50.00% (X- ?) damage to enemies on the outer edge. Cooldown: 44.1 Damage: Fire Tags: Ultimate, Pyromancy
- (1st upgrade) Prime Inferno – Enemies inside of Inferno’s final explosion are Immobilized for 4 seconds.
- (2nd upgrade) Supreme Inferno – Killing a Burning enemy reduces Inferno’s cooldown by 1 second.
- (passive) Immolated Flesh – Burning enemies deal 4.5% reduced damage.
- (upgrade 1) Fiery Surge – Killing a Burning enemy grants 3% Attack Speed for 3 seconds.
- (upgrade 2 – did not take this one) Endless Pyre – Burning effects last 6% longer.
- (upgrade 3) Endless Pyre – Burning effects last 6% longer.
- (upgrade 4) Pyromania – You deal 3% (multiplicative) increased Critical Strike Damage per nearby Burning enemy, up to 50% (multiplicative).
Specializations (Required Points: 33 )
- (passive) Esu’s Ferocity – You deal 25% (multiplicative) increased Burning damage to enemies over 50% Life and 25% (multiplicative) increased Pyromancy Skill Direct Damage to enemies under 50% Life.
I don’t have much info regarding sacrificing skills as “Enchantments” and if it even is still a part of the game so I’ll leave this empty for now.
Legendary Aspects / Powers
I will only list the Legendary Aspects that have been selected for the build and the slots in which I advise putting those. For in-depth information you can check my pre-launch builds spreadsheet on this link. This build (Starfall) is one of the builds on that spreadsheet.
- Helm: Incendiary Aspect
- Amulet: Aspect of Three Curses
- Chest: Aspect of Seared Flesh
- Pants: Aspect of Might
- Gloves: Aspect of Seared Flesh
- Boots: Ghostwalker Aspect
- Ring 1: Aspect of The Umbral
- Ring 2: Prodigy’s Aspect
- 1H Weapon: Aspect of Control
- Off-hand: Rapid Aspect
- 2-H Weapon (if you decide to use one): Aspect of Control
Useful Links (Spreadsheets & more):
For all of my Diablo IV Pre-Launch Theorycrafts/Builds: This Spreadsheet
For my Diablo IV Pre-Launch Class Skill Trees (can be used as mini-calculator): This Spreadsheet
♦ ◊ ♦ ◊ ♦
This concludes the Starfall Sorcerer Build for Diablo IV. If you’re interested in the game below are links to the various platforms where one can buy it (you can just click the links to open a new tab):